Reduce fuel operating costs, control inventory, improve asset performance, detect leaks and spills, control fuel procurement, prevent unauthorised losses, improve accounting procedures and minimise human error.
LAS provide a single point of responsibility from initial site survey to the analysis and design, manufacturing, installation, training and commissioning of a turn key solution.
Fuels and lubricants are major cost components in operating a fleet of vehicles,
heavy construction and mining equipment and specialised mobile machinery.
LAS supplies solutions intergrating automated inventory receipt, handling, storage and dispensing into a comprehensive Fluid Management System utilising cutting edge wireless RF technology.
The LAS fuel management solution is a fully intergrated suite of products consisting of Autofuel, Optilevel and PetroPoint. By combining these products with Opti-MIM, LAS is able to engineer an all-encompassing fuel management system.
· Controls dispensing
· Records transactions
· Monitors stock levels in conjunction with Optilevel
· Provides relevant data to management information system
· Extremely robust user friendly and vandal proof
· Available in a mobile variant suitable for mounting on a fuel browser
· Automatic tank gauging
· Controller with up to 30 tank capability and built in user interface including remote communications
· Measures product level, temperature and water level with optional density measurement
· Variable length stainless steel Teflon coated tank gauge sensors for above and below-ground applications
· Optilevel Supply provides probes with separate safe current circuit and converts data to serial interface
· Remote wet stock management software performs fully-fledged inventory management and reporting functions with optional integration into ERP systems
· The 104M controller performs automatic delivery detection, level detection and alarm functionality
· An added major new development is Automatic remote error reporting
· Automatic vehicle identification and odometer/hour meter capturing,
without the need for costly site vehicle wiring
· RFID transponders mounted adjacent to vehicle tank inlet
· Battery powered RFID reader mounted on fuel nozzle wirelessly transmits vehicle and nozzle ID
· RF receiver can be mounted up to 50m from dispensing pump
· RF technology also used to transmit transaction details to site receiver and back office system
· Integration with existing point of sale system
The fuel management solution is designed for use on primary equipment (large haul trucks track and wheel dozers) and secondary items (forklifts cranes and light vehicles). Wireless technology using RFID transponders has proven to be the most robust and reliable solution in the harsh operating conditions found on these mines.
Opti-MIM Fluid Accounting Software integrates systems from multiple suppliers into a single solution.
The automatic capturing of odometer readings with every refuelling activity
is essential to prevent fuel fraud.
The patented and unique wireless LAS solution drastically reduces site and vehicle installation costs.
Only LAS offers a complete solution that integrates vehicle odometer, fuel dispensing and storage tank inventory into one package. The open architecture of the Opti-MIM Fluid Accounting Package allows integration into host software.
Fuel dispensing in large government fleets is normally distributed over
a large geographic area.
LAS solution allows government transport departments to centralise the monitoring and control of fuel stock. Dispensed volumes can be allocated to departments/ministries with daily cost allocations.
Government refuelling sites are able to run unmanned for 24 hours a day, without compromising security.
LAS's success is based on initiatives and innovation specifically targeting developing markets. By combining its experience and expertise with that of its partners around the globe LAS's multi-disciplinary engineering and IT resources are at its customer's disposal.
Customer care extends well beyond the successful implementation of a solution or the sale of a product. Total service and support capabilities are available throughout the region on a 24/7 basis, using LAS's in-house help desk and support offices in all major centres.
At the heart of every business system lies transaction data and inventory reports that rely on accurate measurements from instruments that need to be verified at regular intervals using traceable standards and quality systems.
These instruments are provided for a wide range of applications at refineries bulk storage terminals, on bulk delivery vehicles and other mobile equipment, as well as at retail service stations, remote consumer sites and airports.
In today's highly competitive business environment, access to accurate
and reliable information is essential. Data produced by field instruments
should be accessible to management and staff on an enterprise-wide basis.
LAS's IT products are based on standard open architecture and include seamless
interfaces to high-level ERP systems. LAS can assume the responsibility
for collecting remote data and providing meaningful and relevant management
With the ever increasing cost of fuels and lubricants accurate and traceable results can save stakeholders vast sums of money.
LAS headquarters are based in South Africa with offices serving customers through the globe, including the USA , Australia and Europe. For enquiries regarding LAS europe, see below.
T: +44(0)1453 837 130 F: +44(0)1453 837 135